Here are some tips to help you along if you choose the Banting Diet. Take note that the Banting diet South Africa is not some quick way of losing weight. It takes time. It’s actually a lifestyle change. You will be living a high-fat low-carb lifestyle.
Here are the tips:
- Look at the banting food list. This will help you choose the foods that you should be eating while on this diet.
- Watch the amount of carbohydrates you consume. Your daily intake should be 25 grams of carbohydrates.
- Don’t let fat scare you. When you chose this form of diet eating fat is compulsory. Fat is not your enemy. Try to enjoy it
- Eat only when you are hungry. Eat until you are satisfied and then stop.
- Always take time to measure yourself. This will help you keep record of the weight you losing.
- Do not eat any grains
- Stay away from sugar; it is not your friend
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners
- Do not eat fruit. If you must eat try and consume small amounts as possible
- Want to snack on something good? If so, eat eggs. They are good for you and very satisfying.
Banting Diet Tips: Why You May Not Be Losing Weight
- You are consuming coffee
- You probably not eating much fat as is needed
- You are eating a lot of food
- You are consuming starchy vegetables
- You consuming to much protein
- You are consuming foods that are soy based
- You are consuming too much alcohol
- You are consuming too much nuts
- You are consuming too much dairy products
- You not eating too much
- You are going and taking a second portion of food
A few Banting pointers
- Start your day with 2 glasses of water. This will help you not only to lose weight but also with constipation
- Eat when you are hungry. Stop eating when you are full
- Never go shopping when you are hungry as this will result in you grabbing a quick snack, which will be harmful to your diet
- Try and replace the carbohydrates you have at home with snack options from the green list of foods
- Always carry water with you as it is important to stay hydrated
- Have fun when on this diet. Don’t take it as a death sentence. The only funeral will be for your fat
The Banting Diet is not just a diet but a way of life. Eating healthy is important and with this form of lifestyle, you can enjoy eating food and learning at the same time. Having knowledge of what you consume is of vital importance as you should take your live at full value.
To end this article, check this image for a guide on Banting diet options.
Life is about living and making the most of what you have. Remain positive and don’t give up in your quest to lose weight with the banting diet.